NEUROLOGY CLINICS IN TURKEY
NEUROLOGY SURGERY IN TURKEY, ISTANBUL, ANTALYA
The Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Acıbadem Hospitals Group treat the most complex disorders with a multidisciplinary approach. Both neurology and neurosurgery programs for adults and children work in close collaboration with other pediatric, radiological and oncological disciplines to provide comprehensive care for our patients.
Acıbadem neurosurgeons and neurologists have experience in evaluating and treating the most complex of neurological disorders and providing the most up-to-date treatment present. Acıbadem neurosurgeons utilize the latest technology available in neurosurgery.
All kind of neurosurgical operations can be performed at Acibadem Hospitals.
- Skull base tumors
- Vascular Diseases (brain hemorrhage, cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, cavernous malformations, and stroke)
- Hydrocephalus (fluid accumulation in the brain)
- Congenital malformations
- Functional neurosurgery (Movement disorder surgery, pain surgery)
- Gamma-knife Radiosurgery
- Brain tumors (benign and malignant)
- Degenerative and age-related spine disorders
- Complex spinal surgeries, including instrumentations
- Spinal cord and spinal bone tumors
- Vascular malformations (Spinal arteriovenous malformations)
- Herniated Disc Surgery (Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar)
The Peripheral Nervous System
- Nerve Entrapment Syndromes
- Nerve Injuries
The Peripheral Nervous System
- Hydrocephaly (fluid accumulation in the brain)
- Craniosynostosis (premature closing of the bones of the skull)
- Arachnoid Cysts (brain cysts)
- The craniovertebral junction abnormalities
- Spinal Dysraphism (Tethered Cord Syndrome, Split Cord Anomalies)
Skull base lesions constitute a group of tumoral and vascular lesions located at the base of the brain in a delicate and intricate anatomical region. Treatment of these lesions poses great difficulties for the doctors, as it is necessary to provide relief from tumor-associated problems, while simultaneously preserving and protecting normal anatomy and function. Hence, advanced surgical skills, proficiency and high-end technology are required for the operation. At Acibadem Healthcare Group hospitals, all skull-base pathologies, -including tumors such as meningiomas, chordomas, schwannomas and skull-base vascular malformations like aneurysms and arteriorvenous and cavernous malformations are regularly performed. Innovative technologies such as the 3T intraoperative MRI and Gamma-knife radiosurgery available at Acıbadem make these treatments safer than ever. Our neurosurgical department is one of the leading centers of the world, with members and leaderships in international organizations and participation in and organization of international meetings.
3 TESLA MR
Intraoperative MR, an imaging technology which only used at Acibadem Kozyatağı Hospital in Turkey, facilitates the complete removal of the tumor by providing images during brain surgery. It thus eliminates the risk of that a second operation would be required, due to tumor residues.
GAMMAKNIFE PERFEXION for the Treatment of Brain Tumors
GammaKnife, a radiosurgery technique, was first used in 1968. In the beginning, it was employed in very few centers around the world, but as its therapeutic benefits were confirmed, its sphere of use widened. Today, GammaKnife is being used in about 300 centers around the world. According to statistics from 2012, approximately 600,000 patients with a variety of brain diseases have been treated with GammaKnife. There is no other device in this field that can approach the precision of GammaKnife and has helped this many people.
Other techniques report their efficacy by comparing themselves with Gamma Knife. Gamma Knife is viewed as the gold standard of radiosurgery.
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us.